Your wood flooring is designed to last, but over time the dust and scratches can take their toll and leave it looking worn and damaged. That’s where we come in. We provide hardwood floor sanding and finishing to spruce up your wood floors and make them good as new.
Advantages of Floor Sanding
Wooden floors may last a significantly long time. However, they still need a certain level of maintenance to preserve their appearance and stability while commanding a higher market value. Floor sanding allows you to just that. No matter the type of wood flooring you have, you can reap the following benefits:
- Luxurious sheen – Together with proper maintenance, sanding wooden floors can restore the brightness of your floor surfaces and sustain their elegance and appeal.
- Minimal dirt and discolouration – Sanding removes the dust, dirt, and stains that may have accumulated on the surface. It keeps your floors smooth and clean at all times.
- Increased durability – Well-maintained floors, when sanded, can last decades longer.
- Better indoor air quality – Sanding eliminates the build-up of pollutants from your floors. This can result in cleaner air. preventing allergies and respiratory health issues while increasing comfort.
Take Advantage of Professional Wooden Floor Sanding
Sanding and refinishing hardwood floors is a great way to make your existing floor surfaces look as good as new. While it may seem tempting to do on your own, the sanding and refinishing process can be complicated. It’s best to contact a floor refinishing contractor in Toronto to do the job.
- Dust-Free Wood Floor Sanding
Sanding is typically a dusty job, However, getting Capital Hardwood Flooring to do the job will allow you to take advantage of our dust-free floor sanding techniques. We have cutting-edge tools and expertise to contain the dust and keep it from spreading throughout the house — ideal for those with allergies.
- Quality Finishes
The job doesn’t stop with sanding and treating your floors. When that’s done, it’s time to choose a finish that brings out the best in your wood. We will remove all the dents and scratches, and restore that beautiful hardwood floor you remember. As a responsible floor sanding company, we’re here to assist every step of the way. We’ll lend our expertise to find the appropriate finish to go with your floor, taking into account traffic volume, flooring materials, and personal taste.
- A Wide Array of Staining Options
Staining can add depth to your floor’s aesthetics and enhance its appeal. Our team has a wealth of experience with custom colour requests. You can trust us to help you find just the right colour to beautify your freshly-sanded floor.
- Increased Protection
Hardwood floor refinishing will make your floors last longer and slow down the progression of wear. Our skilled technicians will help preserve the integrity of your floors and make maintenance much easier.
When it comes to jobs like hardwood sanding and refinishing engineered hardwood, turn to experienced technicians equipped with the know-how, skills, and equipment for various flooring projects, including hardwood floor installation and restoration. Capital Hardwood Flooring offers superior-quality flooring products and services. Whether it’s your floors or stairs that need refinishing we are ready and willing to put our tools, training, and experience at your disposal. We will assess your home and find the right approach to restoring your floor’s original lustre.
For high-quality Toronto floor sanding and refinishing services to help spruce up your flooring, call our flooring experts now at (416) 536-2200. To view the superb workmanship of our craftsmen firsthand, visit our showroom.
Wood Floor Sanding and Refinishing FAQs
- What types of hardwood flooring can be sanded?
Sanding can be done on any type of hardwood floor so long as they are made of solid wood. Hardwood flooring can be sanded and refinished between 10 and 12 times during its lifetime. Engineered hardwood flooring can be refinished 2 times, depending on how thick the hardwood veneer is.
- Will sanding remove dark stains?
It depends on the specific type of stain. Extremely dark watermarks or animal stains may be difficult to remove completely. The wood planks may have to be replaced. You can decide whether to go through with the hardwood flooring installation after your floor has been sanded.
- What is hardwood floor refinishing?
Unlike laminate flooring that cannot be refinished, hardwood floors can be given new life. Refinishing restores hardwood floors that have been worn by foot traffic, scratched, scuffed, dented, and water damaged and makes them good as new.
- What is the process of refinishing?
The refinishing process starts with a thorough sanding, which removes the old finish and smooths over any damage. The floor is then stained depending on how dark you want it to be. After the stain has dried, a polyurethane finish is then applied.
- Do I need to hire a hardwood refinishing company for my refinishing project?
Going the DIY route may cost less, but things can easily go sideways. It’s highly recommended that you entrust the job to expert floor refinishers. These specialists are professionals that are fully equipped with the best tools and materials to refinish quickly and effectively.
- How long will it take to refinish floors?
The time frame for refinishing varies depending on a few factors including the condition of your floors, the number of rooms that need refinishing, and the type of finish you require. A standard job in an average home may take as long as 3 to 5 days to sand and refinish. Warm and low-humidity weather with the right amount of ventilation can speed up the process. However, it can take longer if the job involves multiple rooms, thick layers of old finishes, and houses that are over 50 years old.
- How do I protect my hardwood floors after they’ve been refinished?
Hardwood floors may be durable, but they can be delicate right after refinishing. While it cures, you need to keep the following in mind:
- Ventilate the area. This will help your floors dry faster while eliminating the strong odours from the finish. 6 hours after refinishing, open windows and/or doors you can access without going inside to encourage airflow. Wait for 15 to 30 minutes. Return the next day and open all the windows and doors for 30 minutes to an hour and turn on any fans.
- Keep the room warm. Heat makes it dry faster so you have to maintain a temperature of 68 to 75 degrees for a week.
- Wait for at least 24 hours before moving any furniture back into the room. Additionally, when you finally replace the furniture, lift it up and set it in place. Don’t drag it across the floor.
- Don’t cover your floors immediately. Wait for 2 weeks after finishing before covering your floors with rugs or carpets.
- Wait a month before mopping. Liquids can compromise the finish. Spills must be removed by wiping the area with a damp cloth.
- What hardwood floor finishes are available?
For residences, there are 4 main types of wood finishes including:
- Finishing Oils – This type of finish is a combination of natural oils and other ingredients that make adds durability.
- Surface Finishes – Low maintenance and durable, this type of finish is a stain that is then covered with a protective coating of polyurethane or varnish.
- Waxes – These are soaked into the wood. While this type of finish is durable, it has a low lustre and is prone to water spots.
- UV Finishes – This is an extremely quick-drying variety that’s perfect if you want to cut down on waiting time.